There is no single organization you can turn to when you have lost or found a pet in East Texas. Call your local animal control agency immediately if you have lost a pet. Texas Law are only requires animals to be held for 72 hours.
Please spay & neuter your pets to prevent them from wandering and always keep a collar on with current owner ID tag on your pet. Contact us for microchipping and personalized id tags.
Call these locations IMMEDIATELY if you have a lost pet:
City of Tyler Animal Control
Smith County Residents
Smith County Animal Control
Also visit the Lost and Found Cats and Dogs of Tyler, TX Facebook page.
Report a Lost or Found Pet
You may report a lost or found pet on the Lost and Found Cats and Dogs of Tyler, TX Facebook page.
- Keep it simple: “LOST DOG (or CAT)!” should be at the top in large, easy to red (from a moving vehicle) bold letters.
- Include a brief description: “Beige Wire-Haired Terrier” or “Striped Gray and Black Short Haired Cat”
- Include a photo and describe the breed
- Include the pet’s name – someone may call them and capture them
- Offer a reward, don’t state how much
- Include your phone number in large numbers at the bottom of poster